Friday, January 16, 2009

Lazy Friday

At 12:00 my world will change into a lazy Friday afternoon. It is a cold, cloudy winter day...the kind I love. The day just invites me to participate in a snuggle feast with my favorite blanket, my puppies, cats and a good book or movie. Catnapping between chapters, the calming of the cats symphony purr, the warmth of the fleece blanket, and puppy kisses to remind me she is still keeping guard over the relaxing afternoon. Soft lamp light adds a warm glow to the room. Veggie soup is on the menu for dinner. The smell of soup simmering and fresh baked bread will add to the laziness of the afternoon. I am thankful God occasionally gives me days to be lazy and enjoy what He has provided. Scripture states on the seventh day He rested. Friday afternoon may not be the official Sabbath day, but God knows my needs. Thank you God for this afternoon.

1 comment:

author@ptgbook.org said...

There is an advantage to resting on Friday, the day before the actual Sabbath. You will be well rested when the Sabbath day begins and then better able to draw close to God in a rested state of mind on the Sabbath.