Thursday, November 20, 2008

Git-r-done

I would most likely not make my mother proud admitting that I know who Larry the Cable Guy is. I would most likely fall out of my chair if she admitted she knows who he is and has ever heard any of his jokes. But, I have to borrow a line from Larry, "git-r-done". I have been really motivated since the first of November and I have been able to accomplish many task. I am excited about the accomplishments that I have done. I wish I knew what had changed to get me so motivated, but all I can say is Praise God and thank you for giving me the renewed joy.

I have taken out time for me, not enough time, but the time that I have had has been fun. I have almost completed a Christmas quilt I started 2 years ago. My goal is to complete it and snuggle under it for the first time Thanksgiving weekend. I hope the weather cooperates, and we are not wearing shorts. I have also started some Christmas sewing projects and I have enjoyed working on them.

God is showing me that phyical rest is important, but renewal also comes in taking out some time to mentally rest and enjoy the talents that He has given me. He gave them to me for a reason. He wants me to enjoy them. My talents that He gave me help me to minisiter to others. I let someone who is suppose to be a spiritual leader in my world rob me of that joy a couple of years ago. He condimed the ladies in our church who use their talents to minister to others by stating we are robbing God of our time when we sew and as he called it are "stampin' up" (making cards). I recently re-read Proverbs 31:10-31, about an excellent wife. I am far from an excellent wife, just ask Bill. I have learned if I am working on being an excellent wife, I am giving myself and my time to the Lord. I am far from robbing God of my time, I am seeking to serve Him. Proverbs 31:31, states, Give her the product of her hand, and let her works praise her in the gates. Thank you Lord for reminding me that the talents you have given me are products of my hands, and you want me to use them for you.

No comments: