Thursday, October 23, 2008

Camping...

Today was the first day that it really felt like fall. I have loved it. This morning's temp was in the 40's and the high today was 68! It makes me want to go camping. I grew up camping. It was a Kendall family tradition and I am thankful that it continued to be a Bricker family tradition. The evening camp fires, sharing uninterrupted time with family and friends, stories, campfire stew, sandwiches, misquotes, and the list goes on and on. The memories and laughter that have been shared on many a camping trip will always be in my heart. The renewal of sitting in God's perfectly created world is in it's self a time of renewal. I see the trees, feed the ducks, deer and the squirels. I watch the beautiful sunsets over the lazy lake and I am grateful that God gives me short breaks to enjoy His beauty, to be physically and spiritually renewed. I can't understand how anyone can look at a tree and not believe in God. Who else could grow a tree?

No comments: