Monday, October 27, 2008

Hands off

Serenity: peace, clearness, calmness, quietness, stillness, calmness of mind, undistrubed state, composure, eveness of temper

I allowed someone to steal my serenity yesterday. I know God had a hand in it. If He had not, I would have gotten out of her car and walked home. God in His wisdom gently reminded me to let her be where she is. Sit back and take it, that He would protect me from the wrath and the words that were so cutting. I did. However, I allowed it to stay in my mind for the rest of the day. The words hurt, but in listening to them gave me insight as to where she is. God showed me that she is not where she thinks she is and she is headed for another crash and burn. Resentments are killing her. I don't know how much longer she will be able to carry that heavy load she is trying to bare. All I can do is pray for her. Give her to God and ask Him to carry her resentments for her.

God prepared me for what was coming. It is amazing to watch God at work. I am in total awe of His love. Our worship service was great at church. God used our praise and worship time to allow me to snuggle in His love. My friend went to church with me. Maybe she got something totally different out of the service. Maybe God gave her the courage to "air" her resentments towards me. Maybe that is why God said, sit there and listen. I can't change her feelings towards me, they are her feelings. I have worked long and hard to let her know that I love her and care about her. Father, she is yours. Use me if I am needed, otherwise remind me to stay out of Your way. You don't need my help.

No comments: